Weekly Adoption Hours
Visit us at PetSmart in Traverse City 7 days per week! More Details.
Saturday, November 5
Don't miss the 2016 AC PAW Christmas Craft Show! The day also includes pet microchipping and Photos with Santa Paws. More Details.
Donations are a vital part of the AC PAW existence. Without your help, AC PAW’s success would not be possible. 94% of every dollar raised is used for direct care (food, kennels, veterinarian care, etc.) for the thousands of dogs and cats we save.
Please show your support today!
AC PAW PET OF THE WEEK
Meet Clover with the most beautiful eyes. She is a six year old long hair gray kitty with extra large eyes which are the most beautiful turquoise color in the sunlight. Clover first came to AC PAW about two years ago with one kitten. She became a foster mommy to other young kitties in her foster home. Clover has had issues with some other animals, dogs especially, but she gets along with other cats as long as they will let her be the "Queen Bee." Clover is a bit overweight so she should be kept on a restricted calorie diet. Clover would be very content to spend about 90% of her day on your lap with the other 10% eating. She doesn't like to be picked up, but just give her a minute and she will find her way to your lap. She loves to look out the window and watch the birds. She is extra inquisitive and will follow you all around the house. She just wants to be sure you're not leaving her behind. Clover is just such a great cat with a fun personality. Spend a little time with her and she will definitely win your heart. If you would like to adopt Clover or would like more information, please fill out a pre-adoption questionnaire or contact us today.
Every year between 6 to 8 million dogs and cats enter shelters across the United States. Out of that number, 3 to 4 million are euthanized simply because there are not enough homes for them.
- Humane Society of the United States
AC PAW started as a vision of two people, Brian Manley and June McGrath, to ensure a safe haven for animals from abuse, hunger, disease, and death. AC PAW was founded to give these animals a second chance at life. We all know too well the over-population problem happening at animal shelters, so one of our core missions is to spay/neuter all of our rescued animals prior to adoption. We are officially in our 20th year of volunteer service, with a handful of dedicated volunteers and a small number of donors. AC PAW began on July 1, 1995 and was officially incorporated on Jan 16, 1996. During this time we have rescued and placed nearly 10,000 dogs and cats into loving homes. We are always looking for animal lovers willing to put some time and effort into volunteering or becoming a foster home. Any kind of donations such as financial support, pet food, litter, blankets, towels, collars, or any kind of miscellaneous items would also be greatly appreciated.